Not so fancy Bucket List- Part II!

 --in continuation with my previous blog...

1.  Read a book- Till the age of 13, my favorite book was my English Literature (no joke) but, one day I saw a book in our school library named- Princess Nevermore. That became a part of my routine to grab the book first hand before anyone, during our Library period that came once in a week (yes, once in a week!!). It took me a total of 2 and a half month to complete the book.

2. Explore a new city- Since dad is in a government job, we have to change cities after ever 3-4 years. A plus point was to get to travel with an accommodation and job along with your family so, we have been to Delhi, Lucknow, Dehradun, Ghazipur, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jammu and many more to come.

3. Get creative- I have always been into DIYs and craft works (I am not a pro yet), but it’s refreshing to learn new things.

4. Babysitting- I love playing with infants, the smaller the better. I have been blessed with a big family full of cute babies to play with.

5.  Get a job- I had started doing internships during my Bachelors’ but, the joy of getting a job is totally incomparable. I got my first job at an International Hotel Chain Hilton as a GSA.

6. Smile more- Since my anti-social behavior left me, I found myself more expressive and more indulging towards my surrounding. I was laughing when I was happy, I was yelling when I was mad, I was free.

7. Cut your hair short- I stopped cutting my hair down since I was 10, I first experimented with my grooming skills right after I passed out of 12th Standard but, never had them shoulder length until I started working. It was a tiresome job to do your hair so, to cut the time short, I cut down my hair.

8. Meditate more often- Meditation has been a part of my life since I started my hostel life. I follow Shilpa Shetty as Baba Ramdev is way out of my league (no offence). I follow her Yoga video of 45 minutes every day in the morning.

9. Meet a celeb- While working in the hotel, I had a good amount of opportunity to meet celebrities and influencers, more closely. There was a time when the whole Afghanistan cricket team was staying with us and the whole crew of Bhool Bhulaiya 2 (the shooting has been paused due to COVID-19).

10. Get pampered- I never miss the chance to treat myself, but the excitement gets doubled up when it comes from a person, you admire the most.

11. Ditch 1st love for 2nd  one- so just to be clear here, my first love is my sleep and the second one is, obviously, food (not spicy ones though).

12. Feel love- Who doesn’t want affection?

13. Get a new team- I got an opportunity to change my workplace with Accor.

14. Learn self defense- The event was organized by the Accor team on the occasion of International Women’s Day.

15. Travel during lockdown- I got laid-off due to COVID-19 and was confined to my renting place, although the room owners were really supportive but, there was a time when we needed to head home. I got this chance once the flights re-started their operation from May 26th. A tons of precautions and safety measures were taken during the travel.

16. Appear on TV- While waiting in the line to enter the Airport; I got interviewed for travelling during the COVID Pandemic.

17. Bake a cake- It was June and mom’s birthday so, I had to something. The bakery was not open in our area so I decided to become a DIY Patisserie (no offense). I made a mango cake and decorated it with caramel strings (I made them by melting sugar).

18. Start a new hobby- Every once in a while, I pick up a hobby to entertain myself. So, during this lockdown period I started with writing articles.

Life is too short to rest, always keep yourself busy with things you want to learn…!!!

0 comments

Feel free to share your reviews!