The summary of my Quarantine days from my POV!

 Dear Diary,

*someday I don't remember*

The day is falling short and the night is approaching to wrap the eyes into the dark and a silent place. I am somewhat excited about the winter, it's better to wear more clothes than to soak in sweat all day without doing anything! Winter time brings out the cool breeze and silent eerie that soothes my tired soul. The clock ticks 8 o'clock, it's time to bring out that cute elephant cup from the shelf, pour some hot chocolate, turn on the TV and dash inside my comfy blanket with my baby boo (*and that's my stuffed bear*). Its been with me since 2015, not a typical childhood buddy but a companion who was with me during my late teens. People call this "the rebellious age group", if you come out sparkling and *kachi-ka* (go watch Cars please) then you are safe for your whole life (*which is not true entirely, just for the knowledge). The world is changing and so are we, then why stick to those old sayings! There's no harm in being cautious with your surroundings, but don't follow the overly cautious Hero- Ryuuguuin Seiya (*click on the name to take a peak!).

"Are you still inside your blanket?" shouted my mother in a distance. "You have been sitting all day since morning, ain't you gonna stretch your bones, you will become a granny if you continue this routine".

You know she is right. I have a full-time job (*which has new challenges each day, will talk in details later*) which keeps me stuck with the laptop in front, a pen in one hand, another busy with the phone. My butt is glued with the bed, inside my blanki (*I sit on the desk during summer *cough*). This brings out the grizzly bear from inside of me, ready for the hibernation mode! I had always been a lazy sloth (*to be exact) since my birth. I used to sleep all day long until noon then grab some food (*milk to be precise till I turned 3) and roll down again. Those were the happiest moments of my life, the most satisfying ones till I started working in a Hotel. I mostly had morning shifts (*7-5pm) and sometimes right after the afternoon shift where I would reach home by 11pm and had to report back sharp at 7am. It was slowing me down, limiting my meal time, my nap time, my spare time and most importantly my whole life!

COVID-19 has brought a lot of positive change in my life (*it's safe to say that it's long gone now). I got home in May, 2020 and haven't left since. It gave me plenty of spare time which I thought was not in my plate, a few months back. However, that spare time is not going exactly the way I thought it to be. I planned to wake up early, do stretching or yoga, have my brunch (we don't have breakfast & lunch rather we have brunch & snacks) and get ready for the work. As I am writing this blog, it's obvious that's not happening around, not anymore! When I was living with my other 2 roommates (*will talk later about them) we had divided our daily chores into 3. So, it was pretty much a routine to follow. That kind of made us active on our day offs. Rather than drooling over takeaways, we preferred 'home-cooked' food because it was healthy (and affordable).

Since the Lockdown happened, one of us 3 mates left for home leaving us 2 back. We were tenants and must mention thing we scratched our landlord's family almost everyday for various things. Sometimes our flush wasn't working, our gas cylinder went empty, lost our source of drinking water, our grinder broke, our dustbin was piled up and a lot more. And when I say more, I meant it! It didn't feel as we were the tenants and not living with a relative. They even stopped taking the rent for months! The nationwide lockdown happened on 22nd March and people already got the hint that it's not for a day only. We knew 2020 was not gonna be as awesome as we planned it to be. The first thing people did was the panic shopping and leaving for their home. The overly crowded, scared buyers at malls, supermarkets, kirana stores, and the huge line of metal horses created a wave of worry over the happy faces. Even in this situation, few were in disbelief and tilted towards the ignoring sides. According to them, you won't get infected as it spreads through touch only which they can easily avoid. But little did they know that this was just the beginning of the tornado forming behind our eyes.

The days were going with growing numbers of victims and we two were confined to our rooms. I was working in a hotel which had paused it's operations till infinite date so, I had all the time of the day. And this made me realise what I was missing in my life. As I didn't have much time before to pamper myself, the lockdown made me promise to achieve a healthier lifestyle. We used to wake up early, do yoga and indoor workout for atleast 20mins. Followed by light but healthy breakfast then watch k-drama (the most important thing). The one thing I never left doing was the habit of reading atleast one book a month, be it an e-book to the least. The genre was majorly about drama, romance and fantasy.

Always remember, "Healthy body homes a healthy mind". Stay happy, stay healthy!

Leave a comment, subscribe to my blog post for latest updates! And I'll visit you next time with good stories.

0 comments

Feel free to share your reviews!